quarta-feira, 17 de abril de 2013

Poem On Reincarnation



Poem On Reincarnation


I died from the mineral and became a plant;
I died from the plant, and reappeared in an animal;
I died from the animal and became a man;
Wherefore then should I fear?
When did I grow less by dying? Next time I shall die from the man,
That I may grow the wings of angels.
From the angel, too, must I seek advance;
All things shall perish save His face
Once more shall I wing my way above the angels;
I shall become that which entereth not the imaginations.
Then let me become naught, naught, for the harp string crieth unto me,
Verily unto Him do we return...

by Jalai Al-Din

Poema da Reencarnação

Morri como mineral e tornei-me planta.
Morri como planta e renasci animal.
Morri como animal e tornei-me Homem.
Por que devo temer?
Quando fui eu diminuído por morrer?
Ainda outra vez morrerei, como Homem, para me elevar
com os anjos abençoados;
mas até da angelitude terei de sair.
Tudo, excepto Deus, perece.
Quando tiver sacrificado a minha alma angélica,
Tornar-me-ei aquilo que nenhuma mente jamais concebeu.
Oh, deixem-me não existir!
Porque a Não-Existência proclama, em sons melodiosos,
que a Ele regressaremos.

de Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Rumi

***

Nenhum comentário:

HOME